NHS Northern Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
- Main line: 01392 205 205
- Tavistock General Hospital 01822 612233
- Derriford Hospital 01752 202082
- Royal Eye Infirmary 01752 439308
- Mount Gould Hospital 01752 268011
- Plymouth Nuffield Hospital 01752 775861
- Tavistock Clinic 01822 615935
- Boots Tavistock 01822 612609
- Boots Launceston 01566 772085
- Day Lewis Tavistock 01822 612104
- Day lewis Launceston 01566 772081
- Morrisons 01822 613153
- Tesco Launceston 0345 677 9403
- Tavyside 01822 617894
- Yelverton 01822 852783
In and Out of Hours Access to Urgent Dental Care
- Backwells 01822 612034
- Morris Bros 01822 612023
- Walter Parson 01822 617300
- Action on Hearing Loss 0808 808 0123
- Age UK 0800 169 6565
- Alzheimer’s Society National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 1122
- Aids Helpline 0800 567123
- Alcoholics Anonymous 01752 791111
- Care Direct 0845 155 1007 (MyDevon)
- Carers UK 0207 378 4999
- Childline 0800 1111
- Citizens Advice Bureau 03444 111 444
- Cruse 0300 330 5466
- Depression and Anxiety (TALKWORKS) 0300 555 3344
- Police - non-urgent calls 101
- Recovery and Integration Service (Drug and Alcohol Service) 01837 659476
- Red Cross 01752 768546
- Relate 0300 100 1234
- Samaritans 01752 221666
- Tavistock Area Support Services 01822 616958
- Tavistock Midwife 01822 619711
- Derriford Hospital Central Delivery Suite 01752 763610
Tavistock Area Support Services (TASS) 01822 617525
TASS can provide transport for frail and elderly patients to and from the surgery and to hospital appointments. Ideally you should give one weeks notice if possible. There is a small charge for this service.
If you have a medical need an ambulance may be required. In this instance you would need to call 01752 431954.
In either case this must be booked by the patient directly.
- For advice on most medical conditions
- Tavistock Area Support Services offer many services for the elderly.
- For advice on NHS Services.
- For advice on services available through Social Services etc.
- British Heart Foundation. www.blf.org.uk - British Lung Foundation.
- Cancer Research.
- For help with shared decisions between the patient and the GP.
- For information on organ donation.
- Get Active Devon is a website providing information on a wide range of activities, from exercise classes to sports clubs, and from learning a new skill to developing an existing one, all at the touch of a button.
- Information on Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis.
- Depression and Anxiety Service (TALKWORKS)
- An easy to use directory that contains more than 7,000 checked records for both regulated (CQC and Ofsted registered) and non-regulated services in areas such as: social care, family support, health, wellbeing, housing, voluntary sector, education, leisure and much more. The directory has been developed by Devon County Council in partnership with a number of local charities and organisations.