Patients who are on long term medication, may order a repeat prescription without making an appointment to see their doctor each time. However, your doctor will still want to see you on a regular basis and you will be told how often you should be reviewed.
When you need a repeat prescription you can either:
- Return the computerised prescription slip to the surgery, marking the items that you require and indicating which pharmacy you would like the medication to be sent to.
- Telephone our dedicated prescription line on 01822 613517 dialing option two. Lines are open from 9.00am -1.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- GP Online Services - If you would like to use this option you must complete the relevant paperwork beforehand. You will ideally need to provide two forms of identification, one of which must be photographic.
You can collect the relevant forms from reception or download them below. The forms must then be returned to reception with your identification. Once we have received your application we will register your e-mail address and you will automatically be sent a unique username and password to enable you to access online services.
If you would like to discuss the registration process or any part of online services please contact Jonathan on 01822 616199.
- Application for Online Services
- Patient Information Sheet
There is an independent pharmacy on the premises to dispense your medication or you can of course take the prescription to any other pharmacy of your choice. Please allow three working days for your prescription to be completed.
Some patients can get free prescriptions. There are various reasons for this. For more information and to see if you are eligible please ask at reception for a HC11 booklet.
The majority of our prescriptions are now sent electronically from the surgery directly to the Pharmacy of your choice. There are however a few exceptions to this rule. The receptionist will always keep you informed.
We also offer repeat dispensing to people who fulfil the criteria. If your GP feels you would be a suitable candidate for this they will let you know.