- Backwells 01822 612034
- Morris Bros 01822 612023
- Walter Parson 01822 617300
Tavistock Hospital and Okehampton Hospital are Community Hospitals where services are limited. Derriford Hospital is the main NHS Hospital in the area. Nuffield Health in Plymouth is our nearest Private Hospital.
Both Tavistock and Okehampton have Minor Injuries Units (MIU). These are designed to treat less serious injuries such as sprains, cuts and grazes. You do not need an appointment to attend the MIU. If staff feel that your injury is too serious to be treated within their department you will be referred on as appropriate.
To expand on the information below, simply click on the hospital of your choice.
Derriford Hospital is the main NHS Hospital in the area. A large proportion of our referrals for patients to see a Consultant are sent here.
Derriford has an Accident and Emergency Department which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
Tel: 01752 202082
Mount Gould Hospital is a multi building site from which many services operate. These are quite specialised and you may be referred to this hospital instead of Derriford if necessary.
Mount Gould Local Care Centre
200 Mount Gould Road
Tel: 01752 268011
Tel: 01752 775861
Okehampton Hospital has inpatient beds.
Tel: 01837 658000
The Minor Injuries Unit is based within Okehamptom Medical Centre and is open from 8.15am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Okehamptom Medical Centre
Tel: 01837 52233
Tavistock Clinic provides services such as podiatry, family planning, speech therapy (children), audiology (children), ophthalmology (children), CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) and Triangle Centre (Cancer).
Opening hours vary depending on which service you require.
Tel: 01822 615935
Tavistock Hospital has inpatient beds, a minor injuries unit (MIU), an operating theatre, an outpatient department and an x-ray department.
The Minor Injuries Unit is open from 8.00am to 10.00pm seven days a week.
Tel: 01822 612233
- Action on Hearing Loss 0808 808 0123
- Age UK 0800 169 6565
- Alzheimer’s Society National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 1122
- Aids Helpline 0800 567123
- Alcoholics Anonymous 01752 791111
- Care Direct 0845 155 1007 (MyDevon)
- Carers UK 0207 378 4999
- Childline 0800 1111
- Citizens Advice Bureau 03444 111 444
- Cruse 0300 330 5466
- Depression and Anxiety (TALKWORKS) 0300 555 3344
- Police - non-urgent calls 101
- Recovery and Integration Service (Drug and Alcohol Service) 01837 659476
- Red Cross 01752 768546
- Relate 0300 100 1234
- Samaritans 01752 221666
- Tavistock Area Support Services 01822 616958
- Boots 01822 612609
- Day Lewis 01822 612104
- Morrisons 01822 613153
- Tavyside 01822 617894
- Yelverton 01822 852783
- Boots 01566 772085
- Day lewis 01566 772081
- Tesco 0345 677 9403
- Tavistock Midwife: 01822 619711
- Derriford Hospital Central Delivery Suite: 01752 763610
NHS Northern Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Main Line: 01392 205 205
Out Of Hours
In or Out of Hours Access to Urgent Dental Care - 111
Advice when we are closed - 111
Sundays at Mount Gould Plymouth - Ring 01392 822354 (15:00-17:00)
Bank Holidays at Tavistock Hospital (MIU) - Open 08:00-11:00
IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, ALWAYS DIAL 999
Tavistock Area Support Services (TASS) 01822 617525
TASS can provide transport for frail and elderly patients to and from the surgery and to hospital appointments. Ideally you should give one weeks notice if possible. There is a small charge for this service.
If you have a medical need an ambulance may be required. In this instance you would need to call 01752 431954.
In either case this must be booked by the patient directly.
- For advice on most medical conditions
- Tavistock Area Support Services offer many services for the elderly.
- For advice on NHS Services.
- For advice on services available through Social Services etc.
- British Heart Foundation. www.blf.org.uk - British Lung Foundation.
- Cancer Research.
- For help with shared decisions between the patient and the GP.
- For information on organ donation.
- Get Active Devon is a website providing information on a wide range of activities, from exercise classes to sports clubs, and from learning a new skill to developing an existing one, all at the touch of a button.
- Information on Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis.
- Depression and Anxiety Service (TALKWORKS)
- An easy to use directory that contains more than 7,000 checked records for both regulated (CQC and Ofsted registered) and non-regulated services in areas such as: social care, family support, health, wellbeing, housing, voluntary sector, education, leisure and much more. The directory has been developed by Devon County Council in partnership with a number of local charities and organisations.